Vectorworks 11 and LandMark for landscape design

I'm starting out in landscape design. Currently doing Garden design course. If I want to use LandMark to do Landscape design, do I need to purchase Vectorworks first and then use LandMark as a bolt on package. Any comments or advice greatly appreciated. Regards Ive