Uses for "used" coffee grounds?

    I mix them with grass seed and it seems guaranteed to grow grass because the coffee grounds are like starter sod, they retain moisture better than dirt, and the coffee grounds act as a fertilizer of sorts.
==     "Until last October, Christ had a very limited involvement in my life. I believed in God; I just never had to prove I believed. Belief is an absence of proof." -- Boston Red Sox pitcher Curt Schilling
I read somewhere that if you have roses use them as fertilizer they grow great roses. Not sure if works. if any one have had experience let us know.
in thread whittled the following words:

I use them in the garden. I have no green thumb. Then again, I don't drink enough coffee to have enough coffee grounds to make THAT big a difference. Between chickens eating all the broccoli, melon, cucumber and zucchini plants, and the horse traipsing through browsing what she wants, I have a problem growing stuff! I need a FENCE! have a funny day!

Yeah but the grass has trouble going dormant :-)
Used coffee is a good source of nitrogen. Contrary to popular belief, it's already lost most of its acidity during the brewing process. I mix used coffee (Starbucks gives away grounds for free) in with my compost. You can compost it and the paper filters also.

life. I believed in God; I just never had to prove I believed. Belief is an absence of proof."

I use them on my flower gardens, and my veggie garden (especially on my maters and peppers)...they all seem to thrive:)
Angie

life. I believed in God; I just never had to prove I believed. Belief is an absence of proof."

When I was a kid, we used to set up an elaborate Christmas garden in the basement each year with Lionel train tracks going around a small town, etc. The town had houses, factories, schools, roads, etc. We strung black fishing line between the miniature telephone poles.
We used sawdust that was dyed green for grass. And we used dried, aired-out, coffee grounds to simulate the dirt.
Don