Uncovered a rabbit nest iin my half-barrel planter

Page 3 of 4

<http://www.buddhanet.net/e-learning/history/bstatt10.htm
I find it interesting that Buddha is not going over well in India.
<http://www.amnestyusa.org/our-priorities/all-countries/page.do?id 4102 4&n1=3&n20>
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Neat place .. http://www.petersvalley.org /
\

The reason wouldn't be because there are more Hindi's than Buddhists? I mean, Buddha was a Hindi before he came up with his treatise. However, if you did a little more research you'd find that when His Holiness does a teaching in Dharamsala, India (where Tibet and its goverment live in exhile for the last 50 years) there are hundreds of thousands who show up from all over India and surrounding regions.
I never mentioned India, so why this is relevant is a puzzle.

IIRC part of his instruction came from listening to a stream. If streams can instruct, certainly rocks can chuckle;-)

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

How silly you are. Whatever you are recalling, it is incorrect. A stream didn't instruct Buddha Shakyamuni. He realized the middle way through six years of dedicated concentration. A consentration as stable as it would ever get for most people on the planet.

Apparently, the six years was a dry hole (in Texan parlance) and it wasn't until young Siddhartha sat for a short while under a Bodhi-tree next to a stream that he became enlightened.
Why are you abusive?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Shakyamuni Buddha is Siddhartha. It wasn't a short while. I doubt you'll ever know any human who could have complete concentration on one object for years on end.
I am far from abusive. I just don't take no shit. Being a Buddhist doesn't teach us to lay down in front of a train. Choo choo.
In article

What do you expect when you are the new kid on the block?
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

this |?is| pronoun ( pl. these |??z|) 1 used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced : is this your bag? | he soon knew that this was not the place for him. ? used to introduce someone or something : this is the captain speaking | listen to this. ? referring to the nearer of two things close to the speaker (the other, if specified, being identified by "that") : this is different from that. 2 referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned : the company was transformed, and Ward had played a vital role in bringing this about. adjective ( pl. these ) 1 used to identify a specific person or thing close at hand or being indicated or experienced : don't listen to this guy | these croissants are delicious. ? referring to the nearer of two things close to the speaker (the other, if specified, being identified by "that") : this one or that one? 2 referring to a specific thing or situation just mentioned : there was a court case resulting from this incident. 3 used with periods of time related to the present : I thought you were busy all this week | how are you this morning? ? referring to a period of time that has just passed : I haven't left my bed these three days. 4 informal used (chiefly in narrative) to refer to a person or thing previously unspecified : I turned around, and there was this big mummy standing next to us! | I've got this problem and I need help. adverb [as submodifier ] to the degree or extent indicated : they can't handle a job this big | he's not used to this much attention. PHRASES this and that (or this, that, and the other) informal various unspecified things : they stayed up chatting about this and that. this here informal used to draw attention emphatically to someone or something : I've slept in this here bed for forty years. ORIGIN Old English , neuter of thes; related to that and the.
Or maybe the sound of one hand clapping?
Or maybe the arrogance of this or that?
Or maybe the frivolity of asking a member of the phyla Annelida about the meaning of Life, the Universe and Everything. What silliness would your ancestor of 10,000 years ago say? What may you descendant 10,000 years from now say?
What do the shadows on the cave walls say to you? And who cares?
Euclid said that a dot has no dimensions. Connect two dots with a line and you have one dimension. Move at a right angle to that line and you have a plane in two dimensions. Move at a right angle to that plane and you have a volume in three dimensions. Move at a right angle to tat solid and you have a ? in four dimensions. Move at a right angle to the ? and you have a ?? in five dimensions, ad infinitum.
Or as Alan Watts used to say when holding out a round metal trash can,"What is this"? Then he would turn it over and drum on it and ask,"What is this"? Then he would sit on it and ask "What is this"?
From the rocks and me, thanks for the giggle;o)
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

For the life of me I'll never understand why people have this thing where they spend far more time wasted on useless shit than time spent on making some useful addition of human value.
I don't know how to spend time taliking in circles, which it seems you've mastered.

What a loving example of compassion gone awry.
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Book "Our Media Not Theirs" Many Stars

Compassion comes in many colors. If you ever met my Lama you'd run out of the room like a cat from a wolf. Human kindness isn't always in the form you would expect.

As St. Molly would say,"When you find yourself in a hole, stop digging." Scaring people away isn't a sign of enlightenment to me. I know some mouth breathers that scare the willies out of me and I don't think of them as enlightened. If your lama is truly so fearsome s/he could be of some use in Tibet.
I'm going back to gardening.
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks-LmHAGouQ

--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars

Got me thunkin.
Seems a story like this was in my past.
A young man and his daughter on horseback were going down the road in Central America. Nothing eventful till a jeep ran by and backfired which spooked the horse which threw them in to the air. The Jeep driver stopped to help and it was a bit of confusion.
The horse driver dusting himself and child said a spirited horse no?
Bill
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
Book "Our Media Not Theirs" Many Stars
Eggs Zachtly wrote:

I think you're a bit off on your herbivore/carnivore dentition information. Herbivores certainly do have incisors - they use them to cut/snip the plant material, the tongue moves it to the back of the mouth where the molars grind it. Without incisors, a herbivore would have a very difficult time getting food into its mouth. And as well some pure herbivores still have canine teeth.
In predatory animals, the canine teeth are used to hold onto the prey animal and the molars/jaws are used to create crush injuries. Canine teeth are used in the catching of food not the eating of food. Human canines are about the same length as the nearby teeth so they've long lost their original function.
Chris

No. Over the weekend I knocked in 4 stakes and stapled some frost cloth across the top. It was supposed to be a cloche for a succulent. Today my wife got home and found our thick as a plank black & white cat using it is a hammock. Last night I found another of the cats sleeping on some towels in the washing machine. Daft.
rob
In article

Haiku by Reginald Horace Blyth (Amazon.com product link shortened) It is freaking transformative.
The one who loves most tips the umbrella over the other
--

Billy
Bush and Pelosi Behind Bars
Persephone wrote:

If the OP is in North America, wild rabbits do not make good pets. The domesticated rabbit is descended from European rabbits. North American rabbits and European rabbits are not closely related and have totally different social structure and behavior. Someone getting a young American rabbit and expecting it to behave like a pet will be extremely disappointed.
Chris
On Sat, 7 Jun 2008 10:07:47 -0500, "Nelly Wensdow"

Grow a heart in that garden of yours.
WTF are you talking about? Relax, I'm here trying to save the babies. How about something a little more constructive...like maybe how to relocate that multi-family colony under the shed.
There are rabbits everywhere here, and their recent choice of a nesting site leads me to think they're running out of room here, which isn't good for anyone - most especially them. I can't even count how many near-misses I've had, running over all the young'uns with the mower the last few years. (I always mow high for that reason.) And if I did shoot a couple of them (adults, in case I needed to spell that out), I'd be doing dual favors really. They're good eating, and they would certainly not go to waste. And they'd also stop eating all of what few vegs I try to grow in my tiny garden to offset rising food scarcity/costs. And maybe they'd stop nesting in inappropriate places & abandoning their babies. To me there's nothing worse than watching babies starve (unless it's running over them with a mower <shudder>). And maybe with a few less around maybe they'd start to look healthier, less mangy & emaciated as they do. If you thought I advocate shooting rabbits just because I prefer not to have them around then you assumed too much.