Turning clods

This morning I automatically dug and turned a plot where I had cleaned out old veg and about to plant new seeds.
Got to wondering WHY it is important to turn the clods of earth. I've "always" done it, but now I'm newly curious as to the scientific reason for turning the earth. I'm sure it's obvious to y'all, but... <g>
Inquiring minds...
Persephone
that is to make sure the weed seeds get exposed so they sprout and take over the garden.
it is old fashioned. the new fashion is "no till".
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 10:05:53 -0700, Persephone wrote:

On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 13:56:56 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com wrote:

LMAO!!!