This mosquito is good at hiding

A mosquito has been in our bedroom for about a week, biting regularly at night; when we are fast asleep, in the early hours. We have some immovable cupboards etc, that are ideal for it to hide behind.

Is there any way to entice it out, so we can deal with it?

Reply to
john hamilton

In article , john hamilton scribeth thus

Olde fashioned flypaper's, do they still exist?...

Reply to
tony sayer

Yes, they certainly do exit, but it's highly unlikely that mosquitos would be attracted to fly paper. Fly paper attracts house flies and gnats. The male mosquito feeds on plant sap, only the female seeks blood. People having a mosquito problem inside their home probably have standing water somewhere, in basements, eave gutters, even sink drains. In today's modern homes many have several bathrooms, some with drains that rarely get used yet contain standing water, that guest bathroom toilet tank is excellent for mosquito breeding and other creepy crawlies.

brooklyn1

Ours are supposed to be carrying equine encephalitis. Anyway the skeeter season is almost over here. To the best of my knowledge mosquitos are attracted by CO2 and water vapor. We have light colored walls and ceiling, and when we flip on the light, skeeters usually land somewhere. Ours are pretty visible, and a judicious swing of a fly swatter is all that it takes to bring them down.

Reply to
Billy

Get a gecko.

David Hare-Scott

It's pretty easy to tell a mosquito, those other bugs don't buzz in your ear... just as easy to find the sucker... when you hear it buzzing in your ear in the dark of night get up and turn on the light and look for it. If it's flying about you will hear it before you see it. If you don't hear any buzzing look about on your walls and ceiling with your trusty Dust Buster in hand.

Reply to
brooklyn1

I think that you should put some good mosquito killing devices in the nite to stop that mosquito.It is the most easy method

Reply to
Hammad1

Matty F said this on the googlegroups.com:

Mostly, mosquitoes are attracted to 3rd-World countries, and people who don't have any of the mosquito-nets yet. Fly-paper strips, you pull out of the cylinder like a coil, are really the best because you can taunt the little boogers until they croak... "Cain't touch this... Cain't touch this.."

It's very gratifying and returns your sense of control.

HTH.

[I don't think PETA or the SPCA covers mosquitoes; but just in case, please use discretion repeating any of this because if they find out, they may stalk me -- or blog badly about me. They can be so insensitive and ruthless! TIA.]
Reply to
Bucky Breeder

Place a basil inside the room. It actually repels flies and mosquitoes.

Reply to
craftsmaster