That odd straight across pruning method recently mentioned

The war should probably be waere, but I'm a little rusty on my German subjunctive.

That would make two of us. I am rusty on the rest of the sentence as well, so you have wasted your time being too clever.
Franz

I am afraid I don't know enough German to translate that. You seem to have something else wrong.
Franz

I am NOT taking sides one way or the other here. I'm just here as a translator. It means, "If I were impolite, I would say "Halt's muzzle".
On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 15:18:41 GMT, "Gunnar Savage"

Well, more accurately, it would be "Shut up" (it's the vernacular, you know - believe, I heard it more than once myself).
Mr. Double should have picked a less German-sounding name for his dirtywork.