surniam cherry help!

I ordered a large surniam cherry plant that i would like to keep as a houseplant. I have it in a large pot, and in a morning sun window (glass doors actually) on the east side of the house. I have had it about 2 weeks. I am concerned that the leaves are failling off in record numbers. They arent noticable on the plant, but i dont want to lose the specimen.

What should I be doing or not doing? The leaves are not wrinkled or yellow.

chaz

Reply to
chaz

This may be the blind leading the blind -- but it could simply be transplant shock, since you've only had it 2 weeks.

Did you transplant the new arrival, or is it in the original pot. If you did transplant, did you cushion the shock by mixing a good organic transplant medium with the soil?

Try not to over-react with too much water. Also, is morning sun enough? From one of the Web sites about this plant: "The plant revels in full sun." Hope some of this helps.

Reply to
Persephone

I will try your suggestions, thank you for helping me.

chaz

Reply to
chaz