strange weed-bamboo

Hi, I have a strange weed growing all over my garden which is very delicate looking like a tiny bamboo plant with a very delicate stalk, but only a couple inches high, then of course, it starts growing. Last year when I moved into my house (in Atlanta, GA) the yard was full of them...I'm patiently pulling them all (since I can't use pre-emergent because of all of my flowering plants) but just curious what they could be. I'll try to post a picture if noone can figure out by my description.
Kirsten
Why don't you just do that?

Sounds as though you have Japanese stilt grass or micrcostegium. Very invasive. Get rid of it before it seeds in late summer. It will cover everything. Check out these websites for more info:
http://samab.org/Focus/Invasive/JapStilt/japstilt.html http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/fact/mivi1.htm
Yes, it definitely seems to be the Japanese stilt grass or a very close relative...thanks! Kirsten