spring has sprung!

or at least this lonely daffodil thinks so...
http://groups.msn.com/culprit/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID 30
this is the first time i've seen one this early in the year.
-kelly Snohomish, WA
I saw a robin yesterday, the Mexican plums are blooming and so are the poor Bradford Pear trees. This being Austin, TX.
opined:

THAT was worth visiting. I love how her head is ducked demurely, with the droplets of rain and dew glistening off each birth petal. The protective sheath already starting to turn to crape paper which will later dry out and detach from the stem once the flower sets seed or doesn't. thank you. It was as appreciated as my first golden crocus today finally revealing herself in the pot on my way to my car in the driveway. It grabbed my eye and I was literally hooked like a fish on a trot line. I had to stop and gaze down into her perfection too. There is NOTHING like the first yellow's and golden colors of pre-spring amongst the drabs and winter greens. madgardener, up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, where I heard hordes of hopeful but early PEEPERS around East Towne Mall tonight and tomorrow's highs will be a kissing of low 60's again.............zone 7, Sunset zone 36

cool, i'm so glad you liked it. i've beet watching that baby for days, she shot up overnight, but then sat there in bud form, waiting all week to bloom, until yesterday afternoon. of course, i waited until it started raining to grab the camera and photograph her today. she's a welcome addition to the landscape. the purple heather is nice, but there's nothing like a little yellow to brighten up the day.
-kelly Snohomish, WA
In Northern California also................. Silvery Pussywillows are breaking out of their shiny brown coats Golden trumpets of daffodils are unfurling Beekeepers are bringing their beehives to the almond orchards Bees are delighting in Hellebore's green skirts and plants are beginning the game of "musical chairs" as I divide and move them to new homes. Emilie NorCal