spring has sprung!

or at least this lonely daffodil thinks so...

is the first time i've seen one this early in the year.

-kelly Snohomish, WA

Reply to
culprit

I saw a robin yesterday, the Mexican plums are blooming and so are the poor Bradford Pear trees. This being Austin, TX.

escape

Reply to
madgardener

cool, i'm so glad you liked it. i've beet watching that baby for days, she shot up overnight, but then sat there in bud form, waiting all week to bloom, until yesterday afternoon. of course, i waited until it started raining to grab the camera and photograph her today. she's a welcome addition to the landscape. the purple heather is nice, but there's nothing like a little yellow to brighten up the day.

-kelly Snohomish, WA

Reply to
culprit

In Northern California also................. Silvery Pussywillows are breaking out of their shiny brown coats Golden trumpets of daffodils are unfurling Beekeepers are bringing their beehives to the almond orchards Bees are delighting in Hellebore's green skirts and plants are beginning the game of "musical chairs" as I divide and move them to new homes. Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca