Small indoor plant that flowers all year?

I'm looking for a small-medium size house plant that has pretty flowers throughout the year. Is there such a plant? The room is fairly bright with skylights. I want to place it on a shelf. Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

Hmmmm, I really can't think of one at the momnet but if it's bright enough you CAN grow impatiens indoors easily. I do over the winter time in a west window...
tenplay wrote:

I'm sure you can find something. Take a look at www.kartuz.com , www.logees.com or ask on one of the forums at www.davesgarden.com
Don't discount getting a vine. Some are manageable in small spaces, have very nice flowers - usually scented, and are 'understory' plants accustomed to lower light levels. maybe a Hoya ?
good luck
Carl
--
to reply, change ( .not) to ( .net)

I have a Crown of Thorns that blooms all year round. I also havd Hoyas but sometimes they are messy. The flowers do drip fluids. But a washable tray under these works well.
Betsy

Unless you can get that plant a foot away from the skylight, it will serve no purpose to the plant to be in a bright room. You still have to get very low light plants.
Rex begonia Spathaphyllum aka peace lily
Oh, too many to list.
tenplay wrote:

You might consider African violets (Saintpaulia). Mine have been blooming continuously since since I got them in February and are not looking to stop.
Hope this helps.

I like Bamboo Begonia. Large pot = large plant. Small = small plant.
Heart shaped flowers. I do not know where to purchase them mine was a gift from Vietnam.
They are real easy to propagate.
Bill
--
S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
See if you can find oxalis silver and gold. You can find it at Logee's http://www.logees.com/prodinfo.asp?number 021-2. It has bloomed for me all year round on the windowsill. The plant stays small. Flowers are yellow.