Skunk Predators

The primary predator of skunks is the Great Horny Owl. Visit any of their cribs and you'll see tufts of skunk fur among the remains, and of course you'll smell the unmistakable skunk odor.
Web site sources report that foxes and dogs, among others, also prey on skunks but I find this hard to believe. I've seen dogs flee at the mere sight of Mr. Skunk or else bark while at a safe distance.
On 4/24/2012 7:20 AM, Way Back Jack wrote:

Most likely the most common killer of skunks has four wheels. Then it is up to the crows to do the cleanup and they don't seem to be put off by the smell at all.
reputedly, birds dont have much in the way of sense of smell.

Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago
snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com said:

Except for some of the New World Vultures, like the Turkey Vulture, which may actually use its sense of smell to help locate meals.
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

"Yes, swooping is bad."
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 08:11:13 -0400, Pat Kiewicz wrote:

Yeah, unlike most birds, they have an unbelievable olfactry sense, can smell a fart from 5 miles away.
So I wonder if they dine on dead skunks.
Which reminds me of a song from the 60s or 70s "Dead Skunk In The Middle Of The Road."