Silver Birch Problem

Hi,
We planted a young silver birch in early September and it has become covered in small white raised bumps please see the link below. Could anybody tell me what it is? Whether it is diseased and if not what I can do about it?
'ImageShack Album - 3 images' (http://tinyurl.com/26jgjp2 )
Many thanks
--
keajra

keajra said:

It looks to me like your birch is suffering from an infestation of some type of armored scale insect.
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/mg005
--
Pat in Plymouth MI

Looks like scale infestation, look into a repeat application of dormant or horticultural oil to smother them.
'beecrofter[_2_ Wrote:

Many thanks for the replies I will set to with the oil>
Regards J
--
keajra