Silver Birch Problem

Hi,

We planted a young silver birch in early September and it has become covered in small white raised bumps please see the link below. Could anybody tell me what it is? Whether it is diseased and if not what I can do about it?

'ImageShack Album - 3 images'

thanks

Reply to
keajra

type of armored scale insect.

Pat Kiewicz

Looks like scale infestation, look into a repeat application of dormant or horticultural oil to smother them.

Reply to
beecrofter

Many thanks for the replies I will set to with the oil>

Regards J

Reply to
keajra