Should tall bearded iris foliage be cut back in fall?

Or should I just let it die and pull it off as it turns brown?
I had also asked in another thread... should any fertilizer be applied in the fall, or should it wait until early Spring?
Again, I'm talking about rhizome Iris, not bulb Iris.
I let them die back, then remove the spent leaves. I only cut the leaves when I am transplanting/thinning them. Remember, cutting the leaves back while still green means less nutrients going to the roots.
On Fri, 08 Aug 2003 22:10:44 -0400, Pelvis Popcan