Should I bring in eucalyptus plant in zone 6b for winter???????

Thanks for any & all advice!
Love Caryn "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"
NAearthMOM wrote:

Definitely bring it in. Eucalyptus is marginal even in 7B.

What do you mean bey Eucalyptus? - there are at least 300 species of eucalypts.
cheers,
Marj
* * * Marj Tiefert: http://www.mindspring.com/~mtiefert/ Mediterranean Garden Shop: http://stores.tiefert.com/garden / In Sunset zone 14-mild
M. Tiefert wrote:

Why, the kind that grows in a pot, silly.
On 22 Oct 2003 01:23:55 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.comgarden (NAearthMOM) wrote:

Only if you want to keep it alive.
zhan
There are over 700 species of Eucalyptus (and related genera that look similar to Eucalyptus and may be called that) that are adapted to tropical, temperate, desert and alpine regions of Australia. Some are quite frost tolerant, especially when mature, but by no means all.
Most occur in areas that would be equivalent to USDA zones 8-10 but the alpine areas that some are native to are zone 7 so if you had one suited for that it MIGHT overwinter in 6b. The rest are likely to do very poorly.
What species is it?
David
I have no clue what species it is. I really need to save all the nursery tags for now on.
HEY zhan what's cooking!
Love Caryn "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"