Seeding Grass

I recently killed, tilled, then reseeded my lawn (3 weeks ago). The grass came in OK, but there are still lots of bare areas. What can I do about this? Can you overseed new seedlings, or will that risk overcrowding them and killing what I already have? Could I just selectively overseed the bare areas? Or should I just wait until spring to overseed?
bthiede wrote:

You still have time since fall just started to overseed the bare areas. Unless there is too many bare areas and then I would overseed the whole thing. Weeds could trickle in if you wait till spring. Make sure the seed is getting adequate moisture. Once the seed gets wet it needs continual moisture to grow or it will dry out and die. Are you able to mow it yet? Sue

Killed? Why? How?

Fill the in bare spots with more seed, preferably the same brand/blend. I don't know your specific location, but it is probably better to seed now than in spring because the ground is warmer and the grass will have all winter to grow roots. Next spring you will have to deal with weeds.