roundup in the yard and garden

Roundup was invented in 1970. Is 37 years enough anecdotal evidence for you?
John
rec.gardens

I think it's the uncertainty that makes me skittish. I think I'm going to have to really dig into this topic and try to form some kind of informed opinion on it, and put it to use. The neighbors down the way just put a dry creek bed in on the side of their house. Looks really nice too. Their lawn and gardens always look really nice too. It looks way too tailored and manicured for my tastes but that's okay. I was down there last night looking at the creek bed and noticed the garage was full of chemical gardening stuff. Scott's lawn fertilizer, Real Kill (which I assume is about the same as Roundup, etc. They put the creek bed in because the water that rushes down the side of the house just sits next to the house. The creek bed will drain the rainfall into the street. Because of this thread I have to wonder what happens to all the chemical stuff after it rains.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

Call your water authority and ask them exactly what happens to water that runs into the street into the storm drains. Ask them if it's treated (probably not). Ask them exactly where your drinking water comes from, and if the source could possibly be affected by what lands in the storm drains (like your neighbor's chemicals, oil leaks from cars, etc).
Prepare to drink heavily afterward.

Here's a better idea: Get your partner to a therapist. Today, it's the violets. Soon, he'll be cleaning that $50,000.00 kitchen light fixture with a friggin' Q-tip, and the two of you will have no time for anything enjoyable.
Seriously. Violets? He needs to deal with his obsessive compulsive behavior.
rec.gardens

How the fuck did my partner come into this discussion? What $50,000 light fixture? You been tipping a few brews?

I'm the one with the violet issue. My partner couldn't give a shit one way or another about them.
Michael
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf
was forced to post this in:

I'm mistaken, then. It's you with the violet problem, which makes the chemical dependency much easier to deal with. No interpersonal issues to complicate things.
rec.gardens

LOL... I wonder if there is a Roundup Rehab anywhere.
Michael