Rooted cutting

I just received a "plant" from Direct Gardening. It is sold as a hydrangea Mounds of Snow $5.95. The stem is about 3 inches out of the dirt. Does this qualify as a plant or a rooted cutting?
Gary
sounds like a rooted cutting. If you gently pull, does it have little roots or a good set of them? It will seen to take your plant forever to grow into a good size bush from the sounds of this. what possessed you to spend $5.95 for a small plant of this variety? I do understand though......... If the pot is a four inch one, it will take it three years to get to blooming size. But have faith, rich, humusy soil, moisture, shade with dappled sunlight and it will thrive and you will be bragging to us how many flowers she gives you. (I have to say, $6 for a stem sounds like quite a bit. I hope the best for you) madgardener

It may even be an *unrooted* cutting. IMHO, calling this a "plant" is a deception.