Regarding Lawn Care

Hi --

Last fall we paid some one to replace our lawn. Most of our lawn looks good but lot of areas the lawn is not thick. This is causing some weeds to prop up in the lawn. I am trying to figure out a way to thinken my lawn One of the reason for thin lawn i am thinking is the ground level. Where ever the lawn is thin, i am assuming the ground is not leveled so the grass is not spreading properly. I was just wondering whether i can put some top soil and rake it to level the ground. Does any one has any suggestions about making my lawn think? I live near cleveland, OH area. When the landscaper put the lawn he used Kentucky Blue grass and he said he used 50%-50% mix. I am not sure what exactly that mix is!!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Anil

Reply to
anil chada

anil chada wrote: i

I hear fish is good food for the brain.

Reply to
Barfin' Bob

Weeds are common in a new lawn. Until your lawn becomes thick, I would start in early spring with an application of turf builder with weed preventer. You can follow that with turf builder with weed control to help get rid of the existing weeds. In the fall, around October, I would rake the thin areas and over-seed. In late fall, put down an application of "winterize" turf builder. Also, since you summers are hot, dry, and humid, I would consider overseeding with a fine fescue instead of the Kentucky Blue grass which doesn't do well in the heat.

By the way, the Ohio Cooperative Extension Agency is a great resource for yard and garden questions. Here is the link:

Vox Humana

Unless the ground's so severely slanted that the seed is literally washing away with the rain, the incline has absolutely nothing do to with your problem.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

I would agree with this post, but think it would be ok to do th overseeding in September, in Ohio. Uneven places in the lawn ma indicate the soil has settled, or that there may be a drainage issue or that some soil amendment may be needed. Also, your mowin practices can have something to do with it -- some mowers tend t scalp, or cut lower, wherever the ground is uneven, and this would hur new grass. Maybe raise the mower deck in these areas to give the gras a better chance

- PrestoChang

PrestoChang0