Red & Yellow Bird of Paradise (Desert)

Red and Yellow Bird of Paradise (Desert in Phoenix, AZ) seeds are toxic so would it be a good idea not to plant any in your back yard if you have a dog?
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:05:48 -0700, "Richard Miller"

Caesalpinia gilliesii
Toxic part: Pods and seeds Symptoms: Severe gastroenteritis
"Both humans abnd cattle have been poisened from these seeds but usually recover. In 1962 at Lodi, San Joaquin county, [California] six children became ill from eating seeds of this plant; all recovered."
From "Poisonous Plants of California."

Many plants are toxic. Unless your dogs browse your plants I don't think it would be an issue. I grow brugmansia and other toxic plants and my deck and I have three dogs. They couldn't be less interested in eating them.
On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 14:05:48 -0700, "Richard Miller"

If you look at the stems of these plants, they are fierce with thorn-like structures along the entire thing. I have several forms of this plant in my gardens and no animals has browsed them, certainly not a dog. I think it's safe.