Re: Where to put compost bin?

:The bin should be where it's convenient on a cold, rainy night when :you're debating whether it's close enough, or whether you'll just send :the scraps down the garbage disposal instead. Put the bin on the far :side of the yard, and those food scraps won't make it there all winter.
    OTOH, some places don't have enough winter to deter anyone and some people are able to let their scraps set until the rain stops.
    My compost heap is in the far back of my lot behind an azalea and a tangerine tree, out of sight of my neighbors' patios. It only took a couple of reminders before my husband stopped using the disposal for everything.
--
Wendy Chatley Green
snipped-for-privacy@cris.com

Hey, that's a great idea. I will keep that in mind when I am done with the LARGE coffee can that I am using. My pile is in the back corner of the yard, and I do not feel like walking out there sometimes. I have been getting HUGE garbage bags of coffee grinds from work. Man, does that make the pile hot when I put them on. A girl and I at work, take turns talking the bags home, works out nicely.