question about scabiosa

Dear group,
I recently purchased something called scabiosa 'butterfly blue'. I had thought that this is the same as scabiosa columbaria 'butterfly blue' but was told the former is not the same as the latter. I googled 'scabiosa butterfly blue' and three names popped up: scabiosa 'butterfly blue', scabiosa columbaria 'butterfly blue', and scabiosa caucasica 'butterfly blue'. Are there any noticeable differences among them? If so what are the differences? I'm a bit frustrated with myself that I can't get a grasp around the naming convention. Thank you for your help.
Sincerely,
A.
On Apr 24, 4:47 am, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

All the sources that I got either listed Scabiosa 'Butterfly Blue' or Scabiosa columbaria 'Butterfly Blue' These should be the same plant. Often the species name is omitted in a hybrid . (columbaria)
The only source I saw that said Scabiosa caucasica B. Blue was the "plant of the week" one. I am thinking that they made a mistake! No one else calls it that; my feeling is that there is no such critter. There is a S. caucasica Perfecta Blue. Emilie