Queen Palms..best fertilzer.

I have 3 sizable queen palms in my backyard that I would like to fertilize. I have seen and used the "spikes" available at HD, but wonder if there is perhaps a more effective method/product. I though perhaps mixing up a dose of something in a 5 gallon bucket and soaking the ground with it, but what to use? Any thoughts? Thanks Brandon
Anyone have any input? Pleeeeeease? Thanks Brandon

fertilize.

Hello, Queen palms (Syagrus romanzoffianum) as most palms require a 3.1.3 formulation plus minor elements especially magnesium, (Mg). Get controlled release as opposed to soluable, this costs more but is worth it. Queens can also suffer from 'frizzle top' which will require extra manganese (Mn) if this condition is present.
hth -_- how
no NEWS is good

can
Thank you for the information. My palms suffer a bit from the frizzle top you describe. Should home depot have something that will be sufficient? A manganese supplement perhaps? Is the time release you speak of the "spikes" that are sold? Is there a different better method of application? Perhaps a granule that can be broadcast around the dripline of the tree? These are within a "desert" landscape, the ground is covered with 1/2 crushed granite about 4 inches deep. Thanks again Brandon

Hello, I don't know the formulation of the spikes but don't think it would compare to a good slow release (not water soluble) granular. Soaking the dripline in toward the trunk then broadcasting granular and then re-wetting is the way to go. As to the frizzle top get manganese sulphate which is cheap and should be available at HD. hth -_- how
no NEWS is good

top
compare
in