pyracantha

What does it take to get young pyracantha bushes to have flowers in the spring and make berries in the fall and winter? I have 2 of them that I planted in June of 2003. They are about 4" tall now. Marilyn in central Ohio
The plants will need to be a lot taller than four inches to bloom!!!!! Don't prune them back this time.

Allview wrote:

My pyracantha are 5-6 feet tall now, after being planted four years ago. I don't prune them except to take out unruly branches. They bloom profusely, and are full of berries. Maybe your trimming away the flower buds?
Jean Zone 5 Ohio Go Tribe!

Or they are in too much shade. They will be nice & leafy in shady spots but flower & fruit in full sun.
-paghat the ratgirl