pumpkins

We are gardening in zone 5, and have some pumpkins growing nicely in our small garden. Our pumpkins are producing lots of flowers, and a few small fruits. Would removing the blossoms help the fruit to ripen faster?

TIA Dan

Reply to
Linda Carr

If you enjoy fun obsession, or reeeallly really want to know about pumpkin growing, I highly recommend

.

Bill C.

Reply to
Bill C.

No, that's dependant primarily on the weather. Removing blossoms, however, will result in LARGER pumpkins, overall, since the plant will be putting all it's effort into growing just a few.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens

Hi! I'd say after the plant has several different pumpkins on it, pick off an additional blossoms that appear. Also pick off the fuzzy tips of the vines to focus all the plants energy into the pumpkins you already have. Don't forget if you want a pumpkin with a perfect shape, roll it gently every now and then to keep it from flattening out on one side or the bottom. Be careful when you do this! Hope this helps?? peppergirl Please check out my website. Click on below.

Reply to
Peppergirl