propagators good or bad

Any views on what suits an electric propagator:- jiffy compost pots or potting compost
gardenal
gardenal wrote:

I use both on my heat pads. I put the jiffy-7s in a plastic container (the ones that breakfast goods and salads come in) and cover them until germination. Don't use those styrofoam ones because they don't conduct the heat well to the growing medium.
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years

I find jiffy pots dry out rather fast, so prefer to put potting compost into plastic pots or trays. Dora

I found they dried out badly too. I started packing them in flats full of potting mix. Good root developement and they don't dry out.
I dump the potting mix in large pots after I am done setting out a flat full of peat pots.
Charlie...knucklehead #1