Propagating Trumpet Vine

Can anyone provide directions on how to propagate trumpet vine? I am fairly new to gardening and don't have much background knowledge on the subject. We'd like to take cuttings from our neighbors vine, clone it, and plant 10 - 15 starts at the base of our chain-link fence. We'd like to cover the fence as quickly as possible. Thanks!
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sacramento Mike) wrote:

I've had real good luck just taking this years growth & laying it on the ground with a rock on it. Next year it has rooted & I snip it from the mother.
You could do the same with pots I suppose--- or try air layering, though it doesn't look so pretty. [when the kids were in pampers I used 1/4 of a pamper to air layer some plants.
DONT DO IT. plant clematis instead. they will eat your fence and spread out of control. they are a weed. Ingrid
snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Sacramento Mike) wrote:

On Wed, 25 Aug 2004 22:44:23 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.xx.com wrote:

One man's weed is another man's cherished plant.;) I still enjoy the bamboo and honeysuckle I've planted.
The Watcher wrote:

We have 12 different bamboo, two different Honeysuckle and two different Trumpet Vines and love them all.
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

I've only got 7 different types of bamboo(but I do have one type of bamboo planted in about 8 different places ;) ) and one honeysuckle, so far. Haven't got the trumpet vine yet, but I probably will have one after this winter.