Propagating Potato Vine

I repotted a potato vine that was overwintered under lights but wasn't doing very well. When I took it out of its container, the entire container was filled with root tubers. This could have been the reason the plant didn't look good.
So I separated the tubers and stuck each into a separate container. If everything goes right I should have a lot of potato vines this year. My problem is that after more than a week it doesn't look like anything is happening. Is there something else I needed to do or should I just be patient? Is there a way to check the tuber to make sure it's even alive to grow into a new plant? I'm in Zone 5 Chicago and the last few weeks have been kind of cold outside.
Mark Anderson I repotted a potato vine that was overwintered unde
lights but wasn't doing very well. When I took it out of its container, the entire container was filled with root tubers. This could have been th reason the plant didn't look good.
So I separated the tubers and stuck each into a separate container. If everything goes right I should have a lot of potato vines this year. My problem is that after more than a week it doesn't look like anythin is happening. Is there something else I needed to do or should I just be patient? Is there a way to check the tuber to make sure it's eve alive to grow into a new plant? I'm in Zone 5 Chicago and the last fe weeks have been kind of cold outside.
when u separated the tubers were u able to keep much of the root bas to them? if not then it will take time for the tubers to establish ne roots. i would just be patient and wait and see what happens. good luck and hope they all come. cyaaaa, sockiescat
-- sockiescat
Did the tubers already have eyes? My earliest potatoes came up three weeks after planting, the last couple are poking out now, 8 weeks after planting.