propagating blueberries

I live in upstate NY, in Otego, right near Oneonta. I'm located halfway between Albany and Binghamton.
I plan to start trying to propagate this year but haven't found any advice specifically for my area.
First, I wonder if I could take cuttings as early as April (we're not sure that there won't be a frost here until mid May).
Second, do I need to keep all the cuttings from one bush in one container or can I mix the cuttings (I have about 8 varieties and don't know if they like to be separated or will do just as well mixed with their field mates. Also should the cuttings in each container be stuck in at approximately 2" X 2" intervals?
Once the cuttings have rooted (about 4 weeks?) can they be planted in permanent beds, outside on the blueberry hill, or do they need to be transplanted into intermediate larger containers for the winter?
In either case, (on the hill or in containers), do I plant several cuttings together or does each rooted cutting make it's own bush?
If I can plant directly on the hill, do I dig a hole approximately 8" across and 8" deep, line it with potting mix of sand/peat moss/and pine bark 1:1:1; and put the root ball into that, mulching the top with wood chips?
Thank you in advance for any advice you can give me, Janet Sutta
thisfineday wrote:

Layering is probably the best method for propagating a blueberry bush.
http://www.ames.com/faqfruits.html#propogating

Work with many plants. If you are in no hurry. Depends on how old you are or if you do it for the next generation. I do it all the time so I get a few gifts often.
Bill
--

Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA
ICAO = KMIV Millvile Weather

Can't answer all these Qs, but I was successful starting blueberries cuttings, cuttings dusted with rooting hormone and rooted in (slightly) moist vermiculite, separate containers. I covered each cutting in a plastic bag and these rooted in a north window, about 2-3 months. Too little water--they wilt. Too much water--they rot. I then potted up the cuttings in potting soil using peat pots and transplanted these to my blueberry grove after 6 months. Alternate varieties when planting. Age the wood chips well before use.