Problem Spot with sun and shade

Hi,
Does anyone have any recommendations for plants that do well in varied amounts of sun and shade depending on the time of year? We have a spot near our house in the backyard that gets very little sun in the winter but is quite hot and sunny in the summer. I was trying to find a medium sized bush to plant there but I haven't been able to find anything because of the varied sun exposure.
thanks, sonia

Nobody can help you unless you give some sort of indication of where you are on this earth. I have lots of ideas for this situation in my Zone 10b climate- is that helpful at all to you?
--
Toni
South Florida USA

I am in the Pacific Northwest.
How about Butterfly bushes? They attract pretty butterflies. Come in many colors.
--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

Just keep them in check. Left on their own, take become monsters.Been there.
I chop mind down to 24' every fall and they are 6' tall by the following fall.
--

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the
intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well

Boxwood's doing beautifully in a spot like that in my yard. Two hours of sun in the morning, deep shade until late in the day, then another two hours of sun.