Pole bean questions

Am going to try growing some pole lima beans....I have 2 types - King of the Garden + Christmas ...... Have about 32' X 4' area along a fence, so two rows.... Question....
How tall should trellis be?
Do I need to inoculate lima beans? Where to buy inoculant? How does one inoculate lima beans?
Have lots of composted cow manure.......would this work with lima beans?
TIA........................
snipped-for-privacy@theproject.com wrote:

I haven't grown those varieties so the best answer may be somewhat different but for the ones I have grown about 2 m (6 1/2ft) is good. If it is too short they hang down off the top too much, to tall you need a ladder.

I don't think so, I have never innoculated beans and they do very well.

Yes
David
snipped-for-privacy@theproject.com said:

of
As high as you can reach, no taller and no shorter.
If you made it as tall as they were able to grow, you'd need a ladder to pick them. But make it as tall as you dare, otherwise there is too much flop-over.

If your soil has never been innoculated it *may* be *slightly* worth the money to get some but if you already have the seed, don't bother. You would probably have to get it mail order; I don't believe I have seen any recently in any garden center. You can sprinkle it in the furrow before you put in the seeds.

beans?
Sure!
--
Pat in Plymouth MI