Please help ID this plant

I've looked thru several books and haven't been able to match it. I posted a picture in ABPO in this message:
snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com
Thanks for any help that can be provided.
Looks like a Hibiscus flower!

First off, this is a text only newsgroup, please post your pictures over in alt.binaries.pictures.gardens.
It's some kind of hibiscus, and no, it won't survive the winter outdoors in Ohio.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

I can't see the picture in question but there are hardy hibiscus that I grow here in Northern Ohio, zone 5. There is a picture of a pink hardy hibiscus on this page. http://www.trainweb.org/iowarails/cvgrs/members/buelow/buelow.html The Rose of Sharon is a hibiscus. The hardy hibiscus flower looks similar to the Rose Of Sharon flower only hardy hibiscus are dinner plate size.
wil

the message looks too big for your connection speed don't look at it. Pictures can be very informative.

My connection is fine, but others aren't. I didn't make the rules, the Usenet community did long ago. This debate has gone on and on.
In a text-only group, if too many people start posting binaries, newsmasters will drop the group because of spool size. The binary hierachy is where pictures are supposed to go. It's called netiquette. Be aware not everyone has a big fat pipe access to the internet.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

One reason to ban pictures is the amount of band width it uses on the server and on member connection. Another reason is that HTML newsgroups are not as safe for the average news member as is a text only newsgroup. If images can be posted in an HTML newsgroup, it can also spread viruses and other Internet nasties. HTML news messages with attachments and script code that can run just by reading it is the same danger as email that can carry Internet worms and viruses.
Wil

I don't have to download something that may be a potential virus, or off-topic spam. My ISP's newsadmin won't drop the newsgroup from their newsfeed because of a misplaced binary post. In short, it's a little thing called netiquette. There are plenty of binary newsgroups or web sites or FTP sites where people can post their pics, then post a link to them here.

It is Hibiscus rosa-sinensis 'Cooperi', a tropical plant typically grown as a houseplant or summer container plant in colder climates. Not winter hardy in zones lower than 10.
http://www.plantoftheweek.org/week104.shtml
pam - gardengal