planting near an araucaria

We're looking for a flowering shrub/perennial to plant on a grave, which will tolerate the light shade of a young monkey puzzle. I'm wondering whether the tree will make the soil acidic and dry
Should i be looking for a plant which will tolerate dry soil, shade and acidic conditions?
Definitely dry shade. Do a pH test to confirm. Many Araucarias tolerate mildly alkaline soils.