pinch mums now in Chicago?

Why are my mums budding so early? My memory's not the best, but shouldn't these be blooming in Aug/Sep? I pinched them back a month ago for nice bushiness. Should I do it again and cut off the little buds? Will they rebud? It wouldn't be the worst thing if they bloom now, it just seems way early.
TIA

Mums in the garden industry are repeatedly pinched back for fullness as well as to delay their blooming until fall.
Pinch back if you wish!
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
Here in Wisconsin Zone 5, the rule is to keep them bud free until the 4th of July to have blooms in late summer/fall.
Suzy O