Peach leaf curl - copper or sulfur to treat?

Page 4 of 5

Here are some treatments regarding peaches that would be best if addressed. Pruning and mulch is a huge one!
--
Many tree problems are associated with the following: They are Case
Sensitive.

At pink bud stage, timed properly, you spray every twig and stem and bark of that entire tree. At the proper time do your scaffold pruning and make sure every leaf, and pit is raked up off the ground, and you do a top dressing of fungal based compost along with a layer of mulch. Follow the labels which ever you use. I think the copper works better, but can also be toxic if used improperly. Just make sure you follow the EXACT amounts and don't use more than recommended. More important is the timing just before buds open. I stress making certain you cover every inch of branch, twig and bark and properly cleaning the area.
When the tree leafs out after bloom, pull the mulch away from the drip line and add an application of a premium certified organic fertilze, high in nitrogen. Do NOT over fertilize. Keep the tree well hydrated and give it weekly foliar feeding with a pump up sprayer and liquid seaweed, sold everywhere now.
Continue to do this foliar feeding until fruit sets. More important, do research and don't just trust my brand of remedy. I have impossible brown rot with no treatment in sight.
Victoria
Add pictures here
βœ–

Continue to do this foliar feeding until fruit sets. More important,

Please explain how you provide tree food by applying to leaves. How to you provide food for an autotroph?
Silly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.
symplastless wrote:

Since you seem to object to the term "foliar feeding", what nomenclature would you prefer be used for the process of supplying trace elements by direct application to the leaves of certain plants? Or is the basis of your obection that you feel that the observed results of that procedure are simply a fluke that would have occurred anyway independently of such application?
--John
βœ–

You know John, it is possible to win every battle and lose the war. You are like a bad girlfriend that clings and clings and clings. You may be right but no one wants to here it. Omnipresent is not a good idea. You are becoming back ground noise.
SPARINGLY, voice your opinion, maybe give a couple of references and BACK-OFF. Tell me this and tell me that and define me this and define me that has become one major pain in the butt to many of us. As big a jerk as D. Staples is, he doesn't post four or five times at a shot. As much as I admire what you are trying to do, I'm ready to put you in my killfile. Putain, c'est sufficient. Arrκte. Enough.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
βœ–

We do not feed trees, we do not feed trees, we do not feed trees.
Other than that, we do not feed trees.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Say, "Good night", Gracie.
--

Billy

Bush & Cheney, Behind Bars
βœ–
By by Billy! Snip snip snip
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

John, this guy is impossible to talk with, he's got his own very firm definitions for all things in the plant world and will cling to those definitions til the cow comes home, all the while telling the rest of us that we don't use the proper terms when discussing fertilizer, growth, nutrients, N-P-K, etc. If you look back over his posting history you'll see what I mean.
--
Ann, gardening in Zone 6a
South of Boston, Massachusetts

Food is a substance that provides and energy source, mostly. Nutrient is a substance that provides an energy source, elements, and other substances essential for life, in types and amounts that can provide a healthy life. Fertilizer is a substance that provides elements, as salts mostly, or in bonded forms, that require microorganisms to alter to forms that can be absorbed by plants. We do not feed trees they are autotrophs. We do not feed trees.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Good question. "supplying elements by direct application" I.e., if the leaves are actually taking the elements in.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Do you know what stomata is? Didn't think so.
Add pictures here
βœ–

We do not feed trees, we do not feed trees. Telling someone you are is false as well as misleading and wrong! Food is a substance that provides and energy source, mostly. Nutrient is a substance that provides an energy source, elements, and other substances essential for life, in types and amounts that can provide a healthy life. Fertilizer is a substance that provides elements, as salts mostly, or in bonded forms, that require microorganisms to alter to forms that can be absorbed by plants.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Okay, you have finally made my looney bin. I truly think you may have mental illness so I will not engage any more with you. I feel compassion and hope you can find some peace in life.
Add pictures here
βœ–

Sure, they are suck open on birches, anyway, we do not feed trees. Guess what. You don't feed trees either. What I said I was out on my porch photosynthesizing? Would you let people believe I could photosynthesize? Come on, get honest! Quit attacking the messenger. You are not feeding a tree with elements anymore than I can photosynthesize. Its very dishonest to profess you are.. They are autotrophs. Again, in the USA you can write and say stupid things that make no sense. Product pushers!
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

In addition to being mentally challenged, you also know nothing of current information regarding the practices of organic gardening or farming. Yeah, yeah, blablablablablabalbla trees are autotrophs, blablablablablablablabla...don't feed trees....ad nauseum. A gallon of liquid seaweed around these parts is under 20 dollars and you use a tablespoon in a gallon of water. Yeah, I'm some product pusher...at least I don't try to push a book or this new so called DVD thing.
Add pictures here
βœ–
Did you prune these trees? How?
Did you mulch these trees? How and with what?
Did you plant the tree? How?
Did you apply N? If so how much over what area?
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Add pictures here
βœ–
When someone new comes on sometimes I Google them. You have a page somewhere. In 1991 at SLC, they recorded (video) the tree biology workshop. If you were to get hold of Alex Morris or somebody must have a copy. I recorded it as with all of the tree biology events I participated in on micro cassettes. I have some collection of tapes.
--
Sincerely,
John A. Keslick, Jr.