partially eatin sweet

can you eat sweet potatoes that have been partially eaten by a mouse or other creature if you cut off all the eaten area and some extra.?
--
Gardenbabe

Gardenbabe wrote:

That begs the question on how many different people have you performed oral sex? ;)
On 11/11/12 11:49 AM, Gardenbabe wrote:

I often cut away portions of fruit that have been sampled by insects, with no resulting harm to me.
If you are not squemish, cut away the sampled part before cooking, and then cook the sweet potato thoroughly, it is likely okay.
When I say "cook the sweet potato thoroughly", I mean cook it until it is easily mashed.
--
David E. Ross
Climate: California Mediterranean, see

No microbe will withstand 350 F for 20 min.
--
Welcome to the New America.
<

You did.
Gardenbabe wrote:

that depends upon what diseases the creature might be carrying and if they are killed by heat.
if i were living in an area that had mice carrying any of the hanta viruses i'd keep the mice, shrews and moles away from my food, period.
you'd have to know if the hanta viruses were endemic to your area.
songbird