outside shower

Thought I would forward details of my newly installed project: an "Outdoor Shower" I'm very pleased with it. It took me a week of going back & forth to Lowes & wal-mart cuz i didn't quite know what i was doing.

Parts: One: 6ft metal fence " T" stake galvanized 1/2"end cap / 4ft galvanized 1/2"water pipe two handled brass mixing valve (from a shower kit ~ 40$--60$) 2ft galvanized 1/2"water pipe / 90deg galvanized 1/2" elbow

a 4or 5 unit muti-cutoffvalve to hook your house waterhose spigot to. black waterhose for hot side & any other garden hose for cold side bungee cord to hold the plumbing pipe onto the fence stake

a $30 outdoor eating tent/canopy @ wal-mart $3 metal shower soap/ razor /washcloth organizer that hooks over the shower head. 5 shower curtains & rings

Throw everything up ( & attach the shower head & handles to the plumbing) and you have a really nice outdoor shower if you want to use after working in the mud, or maybe to cool off if sun gets too hot. If you use it as a seasonal shower in the summer, you can save money on hot water cuz the sun is cooking that black water hose.

I did see a prettier design in a magazine, but it didn't have as much elbow room. instead of the awning, they bought a black metal garden arch; they are for sale here at lowes for $160. It was very decorative!!

I was also thinking that i should now plant mint there, so when you walk on it, you smell that really fragrant smell !

jfrost

Reply to
jfrost

Kenneth D. Schillinger

sounds like a good idea :) but you could still use the outside one in the summer. I saw a house in Calif near where we lived that had in indoor-outdoor shower with river stones and a water fall and it was so lovely that i, 55 years later, still dream about it! lee.

Reply to
Lee

I have a shower that i installed in the garage/shop to use only after a days work in the garden, now I use it all the time, it has a small water heater, plus a electric heater for winter months . I use it 12 months a year. the dw also uses it now and then. Best investment I have done in a while. Its complete with toilet, sink and a small closet, i love it.

Reply to
samuel l crowe

That sounds great, too! my bro-in-law had one built when he built his house in between the garage and the kitchen that worked well. That way no outside stuff into the kitchen! He was required to wash up and change cloths before he came into the house :). he wasn't a slob , but he did have a ranch on the side and sometimes could get in a pretty good mess paticularly if weather was bad. lee.

Reply to
Lee