OT: Project Vote Smart

Allow me to share with my fellow gardeners -- and voters -- a video produced by Project Vote Smart, which I have been supporting for some years. It gives the skinny on candidates, impartially, rationally, rather than emotionally.

Vote Smart needs to be widely known, particularly in this election year that has witnessed such negative campaigning. I'm being polite: Outright lies and distortions; appeals to the uninformed and easily deceived; corrupting influence of money in politics as never before.

There aren't many places where voters can go for FACTS. Vote Smart is the best.

So, if you are moved, share this information with your list. We're all in this together.

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

OOPS - I got so carried away I forgot to post the Web site:

Higgs Boson

You're right OT but stupid. Takes him over 4 minutes to explain what anyone paying attention to politics should know.

Reply to
Frank

He's talking to people who are NOT paying attention to politics. That's why he has to talk in basic terms. To get them to understand that they do not have to allow the corporate state to take over what was a DEMOcracy (government by the people) and turn it into a PLUTOcracy (government by the rich). Even people who ARE "paying attention to politics" sometimes feel swamped by the tsunamis of biased information put out on the pop media. That is precisely the value of an objective site that presents FACTS rather than biased, overheated OPINION.

HB

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson

Unfortunately, with the "Citizens United" decision, the air waves will be awash in corporate propaganda. The Democratic and Republican National committees are already bought and payed for by corporations.

If you vote a straight Democrat ticket, you are stupid. If you vote a straight Republican ticket, you are crazy.

Both the Republicans and the Democratic Parties supported the sacking and pillaging of the American tax dollars. With the support of both the Democrats and Republicans, Wall Street bankers are back to giving million dollar bonuses to each other with American tax payer money pillaged from main street. Why are people out of work? Why are people on the street? Why are pension plans under funded? Wall Street.

Vote third party. You can't afford to keep supporting the crooks.

Reply to
Billy

Richard Kimball... Isn't he "The Fugitive" guy?

~bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Are good sources of information.

is instructive too.

Reply to
Billy

Hah! No, not hardly!

THIS Richard Kimball is a real patriot, IMHO. He saw a need for unbiased reporting on officials and candidates in this corrupt, bought- and-sold political system. It's sickening how the media focusses, like vultures, over how many millions Candidate X or Y has raised/ spent on advertising. Nothing about whether X or Y is qualified to serve in the office being sought. Almost nothing about their beliefs (forget those silly debates) and actions in the past.

Over the years, with the help of enthusiastic volunteers and members, Richard Kimball has built up Vote Smart to a reliable sources for what X or Y has DONE rather than what Big Lies he/she has got the numbskull pop media to report.

Much of the public, rightfully disillusioned with the current, corrupt Pay to Play system; mistrustful of a reliable source of information, has opted out of participation. The Founders, who bequeathed to us the world's best system to date, must be spinning in their graves to see how the system has been corrupted by corporate money, abetted by a politicized Supreme Court majority (Citizens United).

I have no connection with Vote Smart except as a dedicated member.

HB

HB

Reply to
Higgs Boson