OT...Got Garden? Daily Food Crisis in the News

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

<snicker>
I called my sister to see what she wants me to store. We have a bunch of storage cabinets on the sun porch, and I think I can combine or get rid of some of the stuff stored out there to make some space.
Cabela's is also having an ammo sale. <g>

Also be sure to clean, dry and store what seeds you can from grocery items such as winter squashes. The grocery store beans also grow rather well. I've done that. :-)

:-)
Yes. I started cutting "luxury" spending a couple of years ago so I'm in better shape right now. I'm considering cashing in some mutual funds to pay off the house, altho' I'm a bit loath to do that as I'd have to pay tax on that "income".

Indeed. Cheers!

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Ahhhh.......ya' didn't have to tell me that...anything on sale at Cabelas ends up costing me more cuz I always find other things that I *need*. Been looking at a new pair of boots, a large expediton tent, new rainwear........
I've also been eyeballin' the new line of air rifles that shoot 1600fps with the raptor pellets........good for urbanhunting! ;-)

Me too!

It's kinda like an adventure. ;-) Hope this one ends well!
They are gonna have their pound of flesh whatever way they can, eh?

Exactly! Attitude is all important!
Keep on smilin' Charlie

Use your points. <g>
A lot of the ammo that is on sale is running price-wise about what it was last summer.

Yeah. I need to seriously look at some of the more serious air guns. Some of them are very powerful! Enough to take down an elk.
It would certainly save on ammo. :-)

Inflation is NOT keeping up with wage increases anymore.

F-ers. :-(

Keep a sense of humor and save wherever you can!
Asian markets are wonderful.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

Whoa....I forgot about the points! I just hollered at Mona and she says we have $174. Yessir, time to think about how to best use 'em!

That's surprising, given the price of metals now. Yep, time to order.

Check out the link in the other post to you, though you likely have been droolin' on that page already. ;-)

Hell yeah.

I know what you mean and feel.
Wage increases are few and far between in my work. If I recall correctly, you are a labrat. Bringing in the big bucks for the "healthcare" provider, whilst slaving away with little increase. I deal with hospitals, doctors, pharmacies, the healthcare assembly line all the time. DIL is pediatric LPN. No independant doctors left in the county, only two FNPs who are only as independant as FNPs are. The best DDS in many counties around just lost his OR/hospital privileges...don't have the full story yet, but good for him. Likely wouldn't dance. 'Nuff said.

Carpe Diem.....hang on and ENJOY!!!
Charlie
"You just caught me on a good night. I'm doing what I was made to do - and I've got a feeling I'm going to do it even better this time" - Captain Billy Tyne

I used up my $64.00 in points getting ready for that hunting trip a couple of weeks ago. <G> Cabela's Visa. It's a good thing! I'm considering using it for gas. In store purchases are a 2% return for points, outside purchases are 1% return and carry a higher interest rate that does not matter if you pay it off monthly.
I've been using debit for gas. I quit using gas cards about 6 months ago.

It was a sale. :-)

I did look at it. There are specific scopes too for air rifles. Their recoil is different and it will destroy most rifle scopes, so if you do get one, be sure to get a scope designed for air rifles. If you google for scopes, it will say Air Rifle scopes.

Just when I thought I was getting ahead of the rat race, along came faster rats.

Yep. I'm lucky to get 3% to 4% per annum.

We just got sold to Santa Rosa, so the purse strings have been loosened a little, but it's still tight.

Carpe Nostrum...
;-D

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

It'd have to help the other poster. :-) I can pretty much get anything I need/want in Texas...

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."

"You can get anything you want, at Alice's Restaurant..." ~~ Arlo
Sorry ;-) I'll go back to the garden now!
Charlie

I see that the article that I was lookin' for isn't on the menu;-) Dang, again.
--

Billy

<grins>

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
Charlie wrote:

I stopped at their Prairie du Chien, WI store on my way to the Seed Saver's Exchange meet a couple of summers ago (I'd forgotten to pack my LED flashlight). _Barely_ survived a major attack of "kid in the candy store" syndrome.

Peace! Om

"My mother never saw the irony in calling me a Son of a Bitch."
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 08:40:17 -0400, Gary Woods

But......what about the Meet? How did you survive *that* attack? ;-)
Charlie
Charlie wrote:

Came home with several new varieties of tomatoes, couple of beans, met a lot of like-minded loonies, had a thoroughly good time. Even though I got stranded on the wrong side of a dry stream (between campground and parking lot) that wasn't so dry after a night of Biblical thunderstorms. Got out when it went down later in the day... (Monday; I usually stay over and hit the road Monday AM, sightseeing as I go. It's about 2-1/2 days driving time from upstate NY to Decorah, Iowa.
On Fri, 25 Apr 2008 17:29:31 -0400, Gary Woods

Gawd, I keep sayin' I want to go to this, but I always find some excuse not to drive the 6 hrs. I can't even make myself drive the four hours to Bakersville to give Oz an ear. Gonna have to take out a loan to drive it before long. ;-)
Sounds like a great time.......sigh.
Charlie