OT: Avast anti-virus

That would be Heisenberg's uncertainty principle. I knew I wasn't out of physics puns! Life is good.

Reply to
Todd

If you run out, take a physic.

Reply to
Frank

Oh no. I have been upstaged! This will not stand! Well, maybe for a little while. :-)

Reply to
Todd

The bad guys also add them to their virus infected eMail to throw you off guard. (That is usually what I think when I see them.)

ing okay, go to

And look at their monthly results across several months.

. They need time to find the virus and download data on it to you. So, you have to use your own common sense as the best defense.

ng system, such as Fedora Linux. You can try before you buy with Live CD's

. And since you can't actually write to a CD (you publish to it), you can go to your banking sites with relative safety. (I do not recommend on-li ne banking, but the Live CD is the safest way if you are going to do it any way.)

y enough, and he has moved away since.

em Restore to before the Avast whoever got their hand on my computer.

[...]
[...]

Thank you for the useful advice. After many attempts, I learned today that Avast will probably not assume any responsibility for the virus(es) their techs implanted (I have the names of several of the viruses, one extremely dangerous, so am looking for a competent professional to make me whole agai n. I will be glad to share your advice with that tperson.

My legal proceedings which are underway against Avast will take too long to wait. And my other proceedings, which I will not discuss, are separate.

At this point it is time to terminate this thread with thanks to all who he lped. As to the others, time will tell.

Please, everyone, respect what's left of my privacy.

Thank you.

HB

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon

Higgs who? Are you new to the group? :-)

Reply to
Todd

Hi Higgs,

It probably was not Avast that did this. All the signs are that you got a squatter site pretending to be Avast.

Being in business for myself for the past 20 years, I have come across a few occasions were I wanted to sue some dishonest so and so. It is not worth the emotional cost. It just eats you up and you don't get anywhere.

It is best to just walk away. To heal your heart, I have found that doing something kind to someone else without expecting payment will wash the hurt right out of your heat.

I have been young, and now am old; yet have I not seen the righteous forsaken, nor his seed begging bread. Psalm 37:25

You are not forsaken.

-T

Reply to
Todd

Thanks to all who have tried to help. Your efforts appreciated!

This situation has taken such a toll on me that I ask the NG

Reply to
Hypatia Nachshon