Norway Spruce

I have a small Christmas tree ( Norway Spruce) in the garden. There ar
hundreds of new shoots all over it, but the inner branches seem to b brown and dying? I now notice that lots of branches are showing sign of yellowing all along them up to the new shoots? Anyone any ideas wh this is happening? is it dying? starving? ( London ) I'm not really gardener with any knowledge
-- emimec

Likely normal. The old inner branches are shaded by the new outer growth and die off. Spruce trees get to be hollow as they age.
A L B E R T A Alfred Falk snipped-for-privacy@arc.ab.ca