Norfolk Pines

Those cute little "trees" you find just about anywhere around Xmas time. I have four of them. If I plant them outside, will they do well?
I'm in central Texas, zone 7.
--

8^)~ Sue (remove the x to email)
~~~~

In So. Cal they get really big.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Araucaria_heterophylla

"Zone 7" is so varied between Texas and the Northwest, but here on the edge of the Olympic Penninsula (Zone 7 up in Sequim, Zone 8 here in Kitsap) that tree would die in the first good coldsnap. If your area doesn't freeze in winter, then those trees will grow likes sunzabitches, become enormous, and if planted anywhere near the house eventually the stormy night will come that they blow over and crush you in your bed.
-paghat the ratgirl
--
visit my temperate gardening website:
http://www.paghat.com.html

No. Too cold, they are from subtropical to warm temperate maritime climates. And they are only little when very young and/or bonsai. In reasonable conditions, given time, they grow 100ft high.
David