new flowerbeds

I'm in the process of establishing some brand new beds -- we built a house out in the country last summer -- in the middle of a pasture. I grass-killed last fall and broke ground this spring -- added a light layer of well-aged manure and just tilled that in. I'm in Zone 3 so will be a while before I plant anything, but the weather is decent enough for this prep work. The soil looks wonderful and I think it will drain like a dream come true. However, it has been quite dry here the last few years and I'm wondering if I should water-in these new beds before I plant anything?? The soil is lovely and fluffy -- and not powder dry, but will be 2 to 3 weeks before I get brave with cold-hardy plants. Water well now -- or water well after planting??
Lisa
No, watering in prior to planting can result in excessive compaction as you tromp around working the beds. You can water in each plant as you go, or wait until the end and use a sprinkler. :o)
Dave

dream
The
well
Thanks Dave -- my first experience with brand new beds -- always worked with established beds before -- but being able to plan everything is FUN!
Lisa

house
layer
I'm