Nasturtiums - starting indoors

May have started them toooo early indoors in 3" pots and in compost that is toooo rich. They are now 4 inches tall! Any suggestions? Can they be clipped back? Should I repot in plain soil? I gather if they are in soil that is too rich they produce lots of vine, but no flowers. Many thanks.
--
Jardin