Narrow flowerbed against fence

I have a double driveway in my back of my property with an about a 1' flower bed between the edge of the drive and the wooden laticed fence. I'd love to cover the fence on both sides with something. North Texas, I've got plenty of water, and would like the least labor intensive choice.
I was thinking honeysuckle or lilac, or perhaps hedge roses. Lilac I think, however, is too big. Don't know much about all this...
Thanks!

Honey suckle is great because it will cover a fence but does not get out of control as russian vine does. A climbing rose and a clematis would both compliment the honeysuckle and give you plenty of colour for minimum effort. All the roses really need is some well rotted cows manure or horse manure in spring or autumn. See http://www.leansmountworms.com for manure
I'm not sure it this will grow in your locale, but Hardenbergia violacea is a fabulous vine for winter color. Intense purple flowers that look like miniature sweet peas. It's very manageable here in So. California.
On 5/20/2007 4:11 PM, texas_gardener wrote:

You might consider jasmine. Star will flower off and on year round; Confederate flowers once a year in spring for one or two weeks. I haven't seen Asian flower at all.
All three climb, but Asian will want to run on the ground: makes a great ground cover down here but can be invasive. I've seen 10-15' runners along the base of a fence or wall. Star and Confederate both smell heavenly when flowering.
Good luck with the bees.
--
Ted
I wasn't born in Texas but