Nandina domestica...is she dead??

I have a Nandina Domestica in my West faced balcony. When I bought it a month ago, it was really beautiful and healthy but now the leaves are very very dry, brownish and almost crinkled....what happened? I have watered it regularly and also added some general purpose plant food, I just want to know what I have done wrong and if the plant is dead?

Reply to
laurap74

Does the container have a drain hole at the bottom? If not, the plant might have drowned.

Was the soil somewhat dry when you fed it? If so, you might have burned the roots with the fertilizer. The soil should be moist (not wet) when you feed potted plants; then you should add some water to start the process of rinsing the fertilizer into the soil (but not enough water to make the soil soggy).

You might have over-fed it or used fertilizer that is too strong.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Hi David, thank you for your answer.If this is the case then, how can I save the plant? I really like it and I am not going to lose it so quickly! any advice?

Reply to
laurap74

Take it back to where you bought it and ask if they will replace it. Otherwise, I don't think it can be salvaged.

Reply to
David E. Ross