Moth Question

BlankWe have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a humming bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too small. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie

-> BlankWe have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my

-> flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a humming

-> bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too small. Does

-> anyone have any idea what it could be?

It's a hummingbird moth, or a Sphinx moth.

Reply to
Suzie-Q

-> BlankWe have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my

-> flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a humming

-> bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too small. Does

-> anyone have any idea what it could be?

Here's some info:

Suzie-Q

We have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a humming bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too small. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?

Bonnie

It's probably a sphinx moth. Check out this site:

B & J

:) We have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my = :) flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a = :) humming bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too = :) small. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? :) :) Bonnie

You might try going to this site...

your state..then look for the section on Sphingidae and might be able to locate a pic of the one you are seeing.

Lar

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

It is said that the early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.

Reply to
Lar

Thank you all! I'll check out the sites you all suggested!

Reply to
Bonnie

Hummigbird moth maybe - here's one I saw in my yard:

Joe

"Joe" wrote

Giselle (are they as big as hummingbirds?)

Reply to
Volfie

Probably smaller than a hummingbird, but not by much.

Reply to
Joe