Moth Question

BlankWe have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a humming bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too small. Does anyone have any idea what it could be?
Bonnie
-> BlankWe have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my -> flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a humming -> bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too small. Does -> anyone have any idea what it could be?
It's a hummingbird moth, or a Sphinx moth.
--
8^)~~~ Sue (remove the x to e-mail)
~~~~~~
:) We have a moth , (anyway I think it's a moth ), that comes to my :) flowers just after the sun goes down. At first we thought it was a :) humming bird because it looks like and acts just like one , but its too :) small. Does anyone have any idea what it could be? :) :) Bonnie
You might try going to this site... http://www.npwrc.usgs.gov/resource/distr/lepid/moths/mothsusa.htm pick your state..then look for the section on Sphingidae and might be able to locate a pic of the one you are seeing.
Lar
Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!
It is said that the early bird gets the worm, but it is the second mouse that gets the cheese.
Thank you all! I'll check out the sites you all suggested!
On 07/23/2004 09:30 PM, Bonnie said:

Hummigbird moth maybe - here's one I saw in my yard:
http://www.joekaz.net/photos/wildlife/html/hummingbird_moth.html
--
Joe
http://www.joekaz.net /

It looks like a flying lobster. :)
Giselle (are they as big as hummingbirds?)
On 07/30/2004 01:44 PM, Volfie said:

Probably smaller than a hummingbird, but not by much.
--
Joe
http://www.joekaz.net /