Mixed native species hedge

Hi. Under my planning permission for an extension i have to plant a mixed native species hedge. My question is what options do I have as the hedge will be in full shade! Lots of the ones I like need partial shade. I was thinking Hornbeam as they look like a nice bright green colour for part of the year and a nice red colour in autumn winter. What could I mix in with hornbeam? Would crab apple or blackthorn be any good or does hornbeam look best on its own? Many thanks
--
Ben Baldwin

On Saturday, November 9, 2013 4:49:19 AM UTC-5, Ben Baldwin wrote:

It's impossible to say without knowing where in the world you might be.

When I hit 'reply' to his post, my newsreader shows the following:
He's in the UK. Gardenbanter posters don't seem to realise that gardenbanter is stealing our posts and putting them onto a UK based website where none of us would ever have any dealings or ask questions or give any advice.