Mistletoe propagation with a twist

So, I was thinking about trying to grow some mistletoe, as I like the plant, but I don't really have any trees I'm comfortable parasitising. It seems like, in this day and age, there should be some trick out there for making a mistletoe plant think it's attached to a real tree, and just supply whatever nutrients it needs in the water (or in some other way). Is this even vaguely plausible? I'd guess it comes down to what nutrients exactly the plant draws from its host, and whether they're easily available outside of living trees. I've read that mistletoe is difficult to start from berries even under the best of circumstances, so this is probably all a boondoggle, but I thought I'd ask, since Google has failed me. Thanks!
whal, for some reason, even though oak trees (Quercus white and red) grow great here in new hamster, mistletoe will NOT grow on them--too cold, i'd guess? or maybe too much tannic acid? the red and white oaks have the highest rate of tannic acid than any other oak which is why it should NEVER EVER be used for mulching or composting. (sigh)
otoh, mistletoe grew terrifically on the oak trees in western oregon...i don't know their genus, sorry.
--
With Malus toward none, and Cherry-Trees toward all.
snipped-for-privacy@macdialup.com