Million Bells Info?

I purchased a plant called "Million Bells" today and I'm already in love with it. It is gorgeous. Since I have already sighted a hummingbird in my yard, I hope this plant will bring more of them.

This purchase was one of my few gardening impulse purchases. I usually know a lot about a plant before buying, but that didn't happen this time. I just couldn't pass up such an amazing display of flowers in one hanging basket.

I searched the archives and have read a few posts in this group about Million Bells. I hear it is succeptable to root rot if it is overwatered and drying out if not watered enough. I guess I'll just have to watch it for the first week or so to get a feel of how much is enough water.

I would love to be able to keep this plant going through the winter to bloom again in the spring since it is a perennial in the warmer zones. I have a green house window in my kitchen I could keep it in during the cold months. Does anyone know if, come fall, I should cut it back pretty severly (almost ground level) to give it some rest during the winter...and, since I hear it grows so quickly. I thought giving it a major haircut would give it less to maintain over the winter so it would easily bounce back in the spring. Any ideas?

Thanks for your help! Shari

Reply to
SHARI