Maple Tree Problem

BlankI have a few young maple trees that have brownish spots on their leaves . The spots are actually pin spots clumped together to look like a biger spot. The leaves look like they are dying. Some are drying up on the edges. What could be causing this? We did have a lot of rain here in the northeast(PA). Any help would be appreciated !
Bonnie
BlankAn arborist on this ng (Aug 8 OP - Nudest) has claimed it to be a fungal problem and "merely cosmetic". Can't say as though any fungus serves a purpose, for me at least.
R0lGODlhLQAtAID/AP////f39ywAAAAALQAtAEACcAxup8vtvxKQsFon6d02898pGkgiYoCm6sq2 7iqWcmzOsmeXeA7uPJd5CYdD2g9oPF58ygqz+XhCG9JpJGmlYrPXGlfr/Yo/VW45e7amp2tou/lW xo/zX513z+Vt+1n/tiX2pxP4NUhy2FM4xtjIUQAAOw= ------=
Most likely a fungal disease. Take a look here: http://www.extension.umn.edu/projects/yardandgarden/ygbriefs/p414anthracnosemaple.html http://www.na.fs.fed.us/spfo/pubs/fidls/anthracnose_east/fidl-ae.htm